Monday, September 29, 2008

Shopping In My Own Closet!

The thought of my ideal self is a young, fit lifeguard at the pool with a perfect tan, no stretch marks, and not a care in the world. I thought that young girl was long gone. In a way she is, but in another way I got her back, at least the body! I am happy for having people, my children, to care for and worry about. That is the one thing I never want to change.

Upon starting this challenge I was all in, and doing awesome. I even stayed religiously within my calories for three weeks. I actually went to a girls’ night with my own yogurt and granola in Tupperware for my treat. I think my downfall was doing too much too soon. I fell off the wagon, and I fell back into my fat girl mindset of eating. I still exercised everyday, but my nutrition was anything but perfect.

I was slowly able to add one thing and take out another from my diet, and it started to come together. I was losing weight and inches, and my energy was through the roof at times.
I made a vision board, which has been wonderful for me. The things on my board that I have achieved/accumulated are: dishwasher, minivan, a “cleaner” house, spending more quality time with my kids and I have made the time in my life to be more spiritual, not to mention the fitness goals that I have achieved.

I believe that in making sure all other aspects in my life are where they should be, I was able to make my fitness and nutrition goals fall right in line with everything else.

About three weeks ago I was able to fit in my skinny jeans! Something I thought would not be possible. I even gave into the thought that I would just be like this for the rest of my life and I should just deal with it. Then I found FYM and the strength and knowledge, and the most important, support.

Now my goals were to lose 15-20 lbs. Well I achieved 10 lbs. And that put me at pre-pregnancy weight! I was ecstatic!

I was even able to go shopping in my own closet again. I have had this cute green, wrap-around dress hanging at the back of my closet, staring at me everyday. I got the guts and wore it to church. I have to say that I was very pleased with the results.

The day I put on my skinny jeans, I got brave and tried on some other clothes and I couldn’t believe something like that would make me cry, but I was utterly happy! I even was singing Holly’s praises around my house. Thanks Holly and the FYM Family!

I began to have more choices of what to wear and people were even giving me compliments. They were saying that I looked great, when they used to say, “you look great for having two kids.” Please, that just says to me that I am still a little chubby, but not as fat as I could be, so congrats on that.

I am very happy with my results and I am planning on continuing with my goals and getting even sexier.

The best part is that I was able to play soccer with my son without telling him that mommy was tired and could only play 5 minutes.

This journey doesn’t end here; it is a life long experience that can either be a constant struggle or a joy. I choose for it to be my joy. I hope you do as well. Spread the joy of FYM! And congrats to all those who are still working on their goals to be the best Fit Yummy Mummy possible.

I think I can say it now: I AM A FIT YUMMY MUMMY!!!

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Way to go! Awesome results - you look fabulous! :)

Melissa said...

Wow, Marie!! You look super sexy! I am so glad to see the transformation you've made and to hear of your results! Ever since you first posted about this program I've wondered if it would really work, and now I think I'm sold! I'm definitely going to do a little more research, but hopefully you will be seeing my before and after pictures posted very soon! Love ya!!!