Friday, September 26, 2008

Jump Rope - Feel like a kid again!


Cardio intervals is where it is at. Pump up your cardio with bursts of jumping rope.

My workout today consisted of weights using six different exercises, three Supersets, two weight strengthening exercises in each Supersets. You do each superset 3 times each, with a warm-up and cool-down (stretching).

I then did my cardio. Rotating between my elliptical machine, 3 min. warm-up, and bursts of jump rope cardio. I could barely do 40 reps/jumps before my legs would give out. I would then do the elliptical for 1-2 min. in between each jump rope set, for a total of six sets.

This was a wonderful change to my cardio, not to mention that the jumping has been said to help with those problem saddlebags we all seem to get as gravity takes it toll.

So go to your kids room, find a jump rope, and have fun while doing your cardio interval sets.

No comments: